RE: Re: xPLHAL INSTALL

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLHAL INSTALL
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:09:00 +0000

Frank,

The hop= simply reflects the number of bridges that the message has
passed through on its route to you. It is incremented by an application
that
provides either a forwarding or routing function. It is used to stop a
message being endlessly propagated on a network, effectively such an
application stops forwarding (drops) messages where the hop= has reached a
certain threshold level. If there was a circular connection is some large
network this could lead to such an endless loop. You could also use this
feature such that only adjacent or near network messages were relayed if
that was your intent.

In your application you should probably totally ignore the incoming
hop values and when you send a message originate it with a hop=1.

Kevin

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=hpXsWGt-vXp8hsfbXAuPcWCUB92fot9X8YI4hVQyJF3CSOf2Hr31ZeyFCrre0qwdVgRSVST8c5CXD5rulsc4XKE">fmcalind@b...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=Yp0bw56S23njsIzydRNUrW0Hsg974YpOTT8jwr8uCeGDdVt2Rg7NkoQ-Cu6p9sVgUrh4MAPf6jcdInfSEWUZPhehSw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>