Re: xPLHAL INSTALL

  • Subject: Re: xPLHAL INSTALL
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 11:57:00 +0000

Frank,
Some steps: firstly is the .Net framework installed?

Secondly, What OS are you running? if you are on Windows 2000, you should
probably grab SP4 (not least of all because it contains protection against
the Blaster and Welchia worms) On Windows XP, just grabbing the .NET
Framework (v1.1) and installing it should do the trick.

Finally, grab this file:

www.xplproject.org.uk/files/xplvol32.zip

It contains a specially built installer for my xPL volume Control for the
PC, including all of the dependency files: it's a little bigger than most
xPL installers (1.8Mb) but incudes everything: I found it helped the
various
glitches I got when installing on my new server.

Ian