RE: Serial over Ethernet

  • Subject: RE: Serial over Ethernet
  • From: Williams Christopher C
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:43:00 +0000

I have just had a little look and these are the prices I have found:

DS100R RS232 only - Module only ~ £95 + VAT, Kit with cables and CD ~ £109
+ VAT

DS100B RS323/RS422/RS485 - Module only ~ £117 + VAT

EM100 TTL level embeded module ~ £45 + VAT - needs 5v regulated supply and
line level converter (depending on app.) I have a feeling the Barcode
readers are TTL also?

I guess they can be found cheaper, especially if ordered in bulk.

Suppose a TINI would have spare capacity for running other threads, or
providing xAP directly!

That's my lot, I'll go away now!

Cheers,

Chris