Re: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?

  • Subject: Re: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?
  • From: steve.cooper@xxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:16:00 +0000

> When I try to run xPL monitor it Pops up Window xPL.ocx missing

Ok now we are getting somewhere, make sure you have the latest download of
xPLMonitor from tony's site. extratc the xPL.ocx from that zip file and
double click on it to register it. This is the latest version so you
should never need to register a xPL.ocx file again for other projects.

With xPLHal.exe running. Now try loading the xPLMonitor again. If
successfully it should put a xPL icon down by the clock.

If you now go to xplManager you should see something like tonty-monitor.
##### (where ##### is the instance generated) in the awaiting configuration
part of the tree.

> As I said originaly, is there a simple something I can do with xPL to
> prove its working?

The fact that xPLmanager opens up without an error complaining it can't
find xPLHal means that xPLHal is running I believe, it's just a matter of
getting the apps working now.

S.

> I did ask if I could open Notepad.exe with it, this would prove its
> working, any ideas about something like that? With full instructions?

Apologises if any of the steps are a bit vague but I haven't got a setup in
front of me to test it through.

To launch an app using xPLLaunch.exe

1. First download and extract xPLLaunch.exe from www.xplhal.com
2. In the same directory as the file create a txt file called source.cfg
with one line TONYT-LAUNCH.GARY
3. Create a new script in xPLHal with the following contents

sub TestXPL()

' send config message
' this bit only required if you don't not configed by xPLHal i.e not
in awaiting configuration
strmsg="interval=5"+chr(10)
call
xpl.sendmsg("","TONYT-XPLHAL.MASTER","config.response",strmsg)

' send launch notepad
strmsg="APPLICATION=notepad.exe"+chr(10)
call
xpl.sendmsg("","TONYT-XPLHAL.MASTER","shell.basic",strmsg)
end sub

4. Run xPLLaunch.exe (should get a xPL icon by clock)
5. In xplManager select option to reload scripts
6. In xplmanager select option to run script from menu and run script
TestXPL()

This should boot up notepad.exe

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.
Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.
Thank you for your assistance.