RE: Meteor Caller ID

  • Subject: RE: Meteor Caller ID
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:43:00 +0000

> Can't help with the XQL side of things... but I can give you
> some info on getting xPLHal and the Meteor up and running...
> then I'm sure Tony will jump in with some advice on the
> database side of things:

Hi Neil,

XQL can be configured in the same way as the meteor

Also, in the app folder there is an xml file that needs editing with OLE DB
connection string for the database
The sample database includes a table of telephone codes, a table for
recording calls, and a telephone contact list table

If you use this, then I'd recommend setting the instance of the xql app to
MASTER for now

Xplhal comes with 2 scripts relating to caller id

TONYT_XQL_MASTER.xpl
which handles responses back from xql (need to change the name and sub name
if you don't use MASTER for the instance)

TONYT_METEOR_LINE1.xpl
Which handles caller id, but this is for my vb6 app (that requires the
meteor ocx for now at least)

Hopefully it's just a case of changing the vendor/device/instance of the
filename and sub routines to match whatever you are using with john's
meteor
app.
E.g. JOHNB_METEOR_xxxxxx1

I havent tried john's app with my script yet, but hopefully it will work.

Please change the e-mail address etc otherwise I'll get the e-mails for
your
calls ;-)

Please let me know how you get on

Regards