Re: Web Thingy

  • Subject: Re: Web Thingy
  • From: swelsh000
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:56:00 +0000

Ian,

Hi...

I assume you have been looking in into the iosoft module

I was considering a purchase of the source code a few months ago,
but then I got diverted into uCLinux and eCos etc.

The module listed above is new, and it certainly would make an ideal
platform to easily develop IP based PIC projects.

At 169 GBP not a bad price for a dev board, and if you design a
custom PCB with 'just' the RJ45, PHY, 8019AS, PIC18F, a few Io
lines, and Power-over-ethernet '802.3af', you have an compact,
flexible module for many IP based applications.

If you (or anyone else for that matter) plan to buy one let me know,
there is a discount for 2, and 5 quantities!!!

QTY 1 = 169GBP
QTY 2 = 150GBP
QTY 5 = 135GBP

Thanks

Stephen Welsh

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=KeZxvf1dzGxzzZmJMoidFR8t0qTNYmMNxFLs1U8R_fEOl0OSHZs8IKfuM6mNkcPg2mUMWbZlMi3Ft0zOdjDb6e96">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> In itself, not too useful, (at least, not any more than the
Siteplayer module) as it's TCP only, and is a webserver rather than
a general MPU + Ethernet..

> That being said: you see the chip with the little crab on it?
That's a Realtek 8019AS, which seems to be the Ethernet chipset of
choice for small MPU systems... as the component count needed to
make them "do stuff" is incredibly small...

> Usually you only need an RJ45 module, a PHY filter, and a
crystal.. (with some LEDs for "link" and tx/rx of course) I guess
the fact that this is *another* ethernet capable product using that
chip indicates that it's the best approach to take!

> Certainly, ethernet on small chips like PICs seems much more of a
possibility than it was even a short while ago. I'm planning to use
an 18F series PIC, with some picbasic source for implementing IP in
a modular way.. so we only need to support UDP, not TCP as well and
can save a bunch of space...

> Obviously, Ethernet connected xPL devices (especially if they also
use POE) are the absolute killer app!

> Just a question of time/cash.
>
> Ian.

controlled ethernet web thingy and was wondering if it would be any
use for xpl ???

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=as1uB_RgO511OYHPbS8RHERs88VwJbd3Bc4jZ6DJMA2p3Ois-zJA5gg7es8lVCFMi5YvXtvZJIhMW5oOyIs9rrLpbGeilXvAU_z0I4U">ukha_xpl-subscribe@xxxxxxx</a>
> To Unsubscribe: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=fcjyVhdidJvoRvW7ST04PPXrjXrZL_PVuyeZlIsH4Q2qtweV6GEnG6EYi_yg_8lI0QRjt3vaYJVsZw2tQV5mPGd7oc79rJE4XpEe-Q">ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>