RE: xpl xbox suggestions

  • Subject: RE: xpl xbox suggestions
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:52:00 +0000

Tony,

That happens with gz files if you download them with IE.

We have some *.csv.gz files on a server at work and I noticed the same
thing.

It states a file of "10 Meg"

Status bar quicky rises and goes beyond the 10Meg mark and you end up with
something like 40M of 10M by the end but if you look at the download speed
you will see the tthroughput is a lot higher than you expect to see.

If you look at the total data transfered after the download you see that
10M
came down to you but you have 40M on disk. The browser uncompresses it and
reports the uncompressed size not the amount it has actually downloaded.

When I tried to open the files Winzip said they werent valid archives.

Removing the .gz so the file was *.csv enabled Excel to open it as a normal
file.

I dont know why it does this but it is very confusing the first time you
experience it!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=ysHeoOimeYRQKpMDW1eUVzcOIzI-CM79eSK0OXCjr34sl5nWPcUef4ZlR-BXESFzSXHfJpsG">tony@x...</a>]
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=YI5LT6Ojia1nqSOjCZtmOqanpOaTrNUrEB3ezT8SR_MHisO91AMcgJWiN3Kp07DN921f0fbn_Pk1Ah51Ss3HrmE">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: RE: [ukha_xpl] xpl xbox suggestions
>

> > > It was a while ago I was looking at the source, and my only
> > interest
> > > was hooking into the OSD part, so go grab a copy of the
> source and
> > > impress us all ;))
> >
> > Got a lot of coding on at the moment, but will grab a copy ready.
>
> Hmm, it came up as a 63mb download.
> So I left it running while I made a quick coffee,
> Came back and it was at 99mb... And rising...
>
> Will check sourceforge and try again later.
>
> Tony

> Get A Free Psychic Reading! Your Online Answer To Life's
> Important Questions.
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=7xw8kwRytopfmwTrF3sUbNxNVtPLuZD8rko9kuUsq8k4fL09uZhUZH6lhqiaFY7XOwkFQ9-0qPTLNz-Nnmb9re-bkz6M1AB_3uQyvw">ukha_xpl-subscribe@xxxxxxx</a>
To Unsubscribe: <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=4kfJo7py_KX3zfkc6bMTCoC-qKFSbQaazF-sb1NmZW5lVHjuhAE4FMboCYD-fWmAf1ydckog34RH5AJVBtKGQ12UHluzFQ6346Yo2GzBMA">ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>