RE: xpl xbox suggestions

  • Subject: RE: xpl xbox suggestions
  • From: Des Gibbons
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:09:00 +0000

> > Also bear in mind that the xbox is not the same as a PC if
> > you are running the xbox kernel, it doesn't multitask, so you
> > can't run say xplhal and any other program at the same time.
> > Which is why hijacking the source for xbmp would be the best
> > solution as that is what most non-game xbox's wil be running
> > 99% of the time. (Especially when they add the tivo playback)
> >

> Does it have a web control interface?
> That might be a good thing to xpl (remotely) first?

the default MS dashboard, hmmm, no chance of interfacing to that. (well
except with IR)

the XBMP application, you would need to have a look at the source to see
what hooks there are for control. I would say it would be trivial to get
xbmp to react to an incoming command to play a certain bit of media.

It was a while ago I was looking at the source, and my only interest was
hooking into the OSD part, so go grab a copy of the source and impress us
all ;)) <a href="http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/xbplayer-cvsroot.tar.gz";>http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/xbplayer-cvsroot.tar.gz</a>

Cheers, Des.