RE: xpl xbox suggestions

  • Subject: RE: xpl xbox suggestions
  • From: Des Gibbons
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:50:00 +0000

> > > I havent the foggiest what it can do, so if anyone has one
of these
> > > and has a suggestion for xPL please let me know.
> >
> > Well the source for xbmp would be a good place to start as
> > they have an osd modeule that is just asking to be linked into ;)
>
> I'll put that on the list then :-)

Bear in mind, you will need the MS SDK which is errr only available as a
dodgy copy.

Also bear in mind that the xbox is not the same as a PC if you are running
the xbox kernel, it doesn't multitask, so you can't run say xplhal and any
other program at the same time. Which is why hijacking the source for xbmp
would be the best solution as that is what most non-game xbox's wil be
running 99% of the time. (Especially when they add the tivo playback)

Of course to turn it into a real PC, running Linux would be the way
forward,
not sure how far they are with it yet as it doesn't interest me.

> > > And I suppose I _really_ should pick up a game tomorrow....
Any
> > > suggestions?
> >
> > I wouldn't bother ;)
>
> I'm not really into games to be honest.
> Space Invaders was about my limit.
> Though I did have tomb raider on the pc.

hehe, I really wouldn't bother.

> But I want to try it on the widescreen with surround sound, just
> for testing
> of course ;-)

Better hiring a game or two then rather than buying them ;) Halo seems to
get good reviews.

Cheers, Des.