Re: xPL...1 Wire

  • Subject: Re: xPL...1 Wire
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 07:04:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">> If my
understanding is correct each instance needs to create a heartbeat> but
can issue messages of any schema it likes</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">Umm I thought only a
heartbeat was required for the Hub ??? and when STATUS REQUEST for ZONE 1
was received the micro would send data from all devices on zone 1
??&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">>I try and have a
look at your xap curtain >controller PIC code and see if I>can use
that as a basis for developing a some 1->wire temperature xPL
PIC>code.&nbsp; Is there any restriction on the length of >the
device name? I was>thinking of just using the ID for the time
being.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier New">Steve if you have time
to work on the xpl / 1 wire&nbsp; hub im happy to have a go at
something else....Would be able to test your code when you
ready......</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Courier
New">Frank</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="ian@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ian@xxxxxxx";>Ian
Lowe</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title="ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx";>ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, May 28, 2003 10:28
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [ukha_xpl] xPL...1
Wire</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>----- Original Message -----From:
<<A href="mailto:steve.cooper@xxxxxxx";>steve.cooper@xxxxxxx</A>>>
If my understanding is correct each instance needs to create a
heartbeat> but can issue messages of any schema it likes.This is
correct, yes> This would work well with having each zone as a particular
instance with> multiple device types hanging off each zone.&nbsp;
The problem comes when you> want to attach two temperature devices
within a particular zone.&nbsp; You then> need to distinguish
between the two so need to set the instance at the> device level rather
than the zone level.This was where the "device=" tag will be
used.In essence, this is the same situation as an X-10 "bus" with
multiplemodules on it..A gateway would generate a series of status
messages, of the formdevice=sensor1temp=device=sensor2temp=Each from the
instance of the 1-wire gateway
, just as x10 trigger messagesoriginate from a CM12 gateway app with a
device=(module id)> There may be others ways to set things up but I
think we need to pull> everyone's ideas of how they think it might be
implemented together up> front to flush out all the options.&nbsp;
Therefore any interested party now is> the time to put forward your
view.indeed. I think the version I have outlined is the one currently
favoured byMyself, John and Tony, from the conversations we have had over
the last fewdays, but now is certainly the time to resolve these
matters.Ian.</TT><TT>xPL Links: <A href="http://www.xplproject.org.uk";>http://www.xplproject.org.uk</A>
<A href="http://www.xplhal.com";>http://www.xplhal.com</A> <A
href="http:
//www.xpl.myby.co.uk";>http://www.xpl.myby.co.uk</A>To