Re: xPL...1 Wire

  • Subject: Re: xPL...1 Wire
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 10:24:00 +0000

Hubs.....As Jon stated earlier >he,s working on a Tini (ethernet)
version...and i was about to start work on a serial >version....Should i
drop it .....???

It's not just okay, it's asolutely preferred. Some people want Ethernet,
some want Serial. I would think it's even okay to have multiple serial
versions of devices from different people, if the features are different.

Think about it: the only way we lose is if a bit of kit is not suppported.
If it's suported so well that people have a choice? that's fantastic! As an
example, take Slimp3, Rio, Audiotron, xbox.. the fact that they can all
play
MP3 doesn't hurt each other, it encourages more people to use "an mp3
player".

As long as we ensure that the schemas are robust enough to allow all these
different bits of kit and apps to be addressed in harmony.

> Also today spoke to my friend John (Mr Genesis) and at some stage hes
going to modify >the Text messaging format in the technician software so
will be able to build and send xpl >message like Homevision ;-)) The
beauty with the Genesis kit is, every field module
> (rs485 based system) has a rs232 port as well ;-)).........So text
messages can be send to >field module ports....................only
drawback
i see is max of 100 text messages......

That's damn nice news Frank..

I better get this website presentable, and quick ;)

Ian.