Re: xPLHal Latest Version

  • Subject: Re: xPLHal Latest Version
  • From: John B
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:38:00 +0000

> The new version of xPLHal is now available on my website.

Just downloaded it and am installing it now...

> This version spawns a new thread for every message received, and
includes a
> new function sys.waiting(<seconds>) to allow a script to be
paused for a set
> number of seconds.
>
> The multi-threading means messages can be processed concurrently,
without
> waiting for a previous script to finish.
>
> John is going to check that I havent broken anything in the xhcp
protocol.
> Many thanks John.

Checking now - I've just moved the operation of my curtains over to xPLHal,
so
if none of our curtains close tonight, or they start randomly opening and
closing, you'll have some explaining to do :-)

> BTW if anyone has any suggestions for any more functions that might be
> added, please let me know.

Likewise, if anyone has any suggestions on how the front-end xPLHal Web
Access
can be improved, just shout.
(I have my own ideas, but as I have limited time to spend on the project,
I'd be
interested in other people's priorities)

Regards,

John