PIC Programming WAS Re: OSD AGAIN

  • Subject: PIC Programming WAS Re: OSD AGAIN
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:17:00 +0000

Hi Frank

I bought mine as a package with MicroCode Studio Plus
(www.mecanique.co.uk) and a FlashLab-77 programmer.

MicroCodeStudio has its own debugger built in and can also work with
MPLAB. For PIC16F877 I use a bootloader program and the FlashLab, for
16F628 I use my Microchip PicStartPlus programmer all selectable in
MicroCodeStudio.

I tend to write the code on a 16F877 and just reflash until I have
got it right, then change the processor type, connect the
PicStartPlus and flash the 16F628.

It is so cool using the bootloader. Write the program, flash it,
realise you have a mistake, fix it, reflash .... several times!

Because the Flashlab also has all the connectors on board and dev
boards that can stack on top there is no need to even power down the
project.

Just hit F10 and it compiles, reprograms, reboots and runs :-)

Cant you tell that I just love it :-)

Keith

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=PlNFqsoVSKdlwP91Fx6giJ1Fw3_glGF-2fabblPIg5IPxtQaeLSwqA8LKDD4ehhT5hkUtuHj2ULe0wS5oU-6vjw">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Frank Mc Alinden" <fmcalind@b...>
wrote:
> Hi Keith
>
> > PBP really makes writing code a doddle :-)
>
> Yeah i read your last post and thought ..God i wish i could do
that ;-)).. Im playing with Jal at the moment...but will have a look
at the picbasic...Back to the grind....Can you use the picbasic with
the Propic Icd ???