RE: Making xPLHal scripts sleep

  • Subject: RE: Making xPLHal scripts sleep
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 06:12:00 +0000

> I have a script in xPLHal that I want to sleep for 30 seconds
> before continuing. Any ideas what command I can use in
> VBScript to make the script sleep for the specified number of
> seconds? Is it safe to have a script sleeping for 30 seconds?
>
> I'm sure I've seen this somewhere before, but can't find it
> at the moment!

Hi John,

Not sure of the solution off the top of my head.

One way would be to grab the time, add 30 secs, loop until time reached.
As far as I know sleeping should be fine, other scripts will continue to
run.

ml/vtorifunctions.asp

Is useful for vbscript functions.

Or I can add a sys.sleep(<seconds>) function, if that would be
better?

Regards
Tony