Re: XPL CM12 Service

  • Subject: Re: XPL CM12 Service
  • From: darrenp_lock
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:10:00 +0000

John,

this is a bit embarassing! I have looked high & low for the code
and
I can't find it anywhere. I did a bit of a tidy up of the PC the
other day and I have a horrible feeling it went in the bin by
accident. It was just a prototype and it was taking me a long time
to get the CM12 protocol working. Using the .NET classes I mentioned
in my post was straight forward enough. What did take me some time
to work out though is that there does not appear to be any
handshaking on the interface. I had to slow my code down with sleeps
before reading back from the CM12. This took me the best part of a
day to work out!

After that I had the basic X10 commands working and was trying to
move on to the macros.

Since then I have got more involved with AutoM8it and have stopped
developing the interface in favour of creating plugins for AutoM8it
that are more tailored to my needs.

I have only just discovered xPL and haven't decided at this stage
where it fits in my grand scheme of things.

If I uncover the code I'll drop you a line although, like I say, it
was not the neatest code!

Rgds, Darren.