Re: an xPL worked example, was : STX...ETX (long)

  • Subject: Re: an xPL worked example, was : STX...ETX (long)
  • From: armagh_elect
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:39:00 +0000

Thanks Ian
Will check it out tomorrow nite ( getting late here in Oz)

Frank

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=EvotSouM7MzygMWIXeaGXPSDzOfZiOSlg5DCiIcrppXtWZyfeMy8MPKlJEXp8-CKTBTuFm5rvBD2dOTfqWlwxs0">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> Here's a sequence of interactions:
>
> ISDNCID picks up an incoming call, and sends this:
>
> xpl-trig
> {
> hop=1
> source=WMUTE-SENDER.ISDNCID
> target=*
> }
> CID.ISDNCID
> {
> CALLTYPE=Inbound
> PHONE=<my phone number removed>
> NAME=IAN'S MOBILE
> CALLED=30
> TIME=13:38:43
> DATE=11/05/2003
> ISDNMSN=2
> STATUS=Call Start
> }
>
> xplhal, the scripting engine picks this event up, and runs the
following
> script file: (this is a simple version of the script, which
doesn't have any
> "working hours" settings)
>
> ' source script for WMUTE-SENDER.ISDNCID
>
> Sub WMUTE_SENDER_ISDNCID_Trigger(xPLMessage)
>
> 'Where is the call coming from?
> select case xpl.getparam(xplmessage,"CALLED",True)
> case "30"
> calltype="Personal Call From: "
> case "31"
> calltype="Business Call From: "
> end select
>
> 'Mute the Office Speakers
> slidercmd = "SLIDER=MASTER"+chr(10)+"MUTE=YES"
> call
xpl.sendmsg("","","SLIDER.BASIC",slidercmd)

> 'Then OSD Display the Caller Details
> friendly = "TEXT=" + calltype
> friendly = friendly + xpl.getparam(xplmessage,"NAME",True)
>
> rawnum="TEXT2=" +
xpl.getparam(xplmessage,"REASON",True)
> rawnum = rawnum + " ("
> rawnum = rawnum + xpl.getparam(xplmessage,"PHONE",True)
> rawnum = rawnum + ")"
>
> newcmd = friendly + chr(10) + rawnum
> call
xpl.sendmsg("","","OSD.BASIC",newcmd)
> End Sub
>
> This simple vbscript does two major things: mutes the sound in our
office,
> and displays the incoming call details on the OSD devices (at this
time, a
> VFD, a Slimp3, and Tivo) in the house.
>
> The mute message looks like this:
>
> xpl-cmnd
> {
> hop=1
> source=xpl-xplhal.turing
> target=*
> }
> SLIDER.BASIC
> {
> SLIDER=MASTER
> MUTE=YES
> }
>
> This is picked up by the app I wrote as a replacement for the
windows volume
> control applet, and mutes the sound on myself and Jenni's PCs.
>
> The OSD message sent looks like this:
>
> xpl-cmnd
> {
> hop=1