Re: STX...ETX

  • Subject: Re: STX...ETX
  • From: armagh_elect
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 13:18:00 +0000

Hi Ian

> When an xPL message originates on a serial bus like RS232 or
RS485, the
> message has an STX on the front, and ETX on the end.

Okay i see...Wasnt sure i thought it was optional....Any chance of
sending me a copy of an osd message please...Im going to try and see
if i can send a xpl message from Homevision .......Just need some
guidance...

Thanks

Frank

--- In <a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=wH9jK9wARt1uFJL17oyEqmgduKgedBx2AgFqO_D7yHMEpY0G-NvFs0_sxjLLNAw6yBGp--UySp6z_sOKIhiGqtI">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Ian Lowe" <ian@w...> wrote:
> Frank,
>
> When an xPL message originates on a serial bus like RS232 or
RS485, the
> message has an STX on the front, and ETX on the end.
>
> Messages which start on Ethernet (PC Apps) don't have the STX/ETC
wrapper.

> When a messages passes through the devcom bridge from Serial onto
> Ethernet/PC, the STX/ETC pair is stripped off, and the message
sent "raw"
> out onto the network.
>
> Similarly, when a message passes from Ethernet/PC onto a Serial
bus, the
> STX/ETX characters are added before the message is sent onto the
serial bus.

> This is the same process used when going over the Public Internet:
as the
> message passes through the bridge, it has a blowfish encryption
wrapper
> added around the message contents, then stripped off at the other
end..

> Ian.

like the
> xAP command.....Im trying to write a macro in Homevision to send a
> xpl-cmd.....
>
> Frank
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

> <a