Re: X10.EXTENDED schema

  • Subject: Re: X10.EXTENDED schema
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 11:03:00 +0000

Seems good to me...

I have one slight concern about an X10.Basic device recieving what looks
like a valid command message, then choking on an an unexpected parameter,
but the underlying principle when handling a message of another schema, is
"drop it if you don't understand it" so we should be okay.

The other option is to use either COMMAND= (x10 commands) or EXTENDED= as
in
the AUDIO.* Schemas, but I'm not convinced that's needed in this situation.

I'd say, lets adopt this schema, and field trial it :D

Nice work John.

Ian.