Rioplay Web and xPLHal

  • Subject: Rioplay Web and xPLHal
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 06:17:00 +0000

Hi all,

I'm now running my Rioplay web interface live, just got a minor issue with
shoutcast to sort.

Now, when a rio is booted, xPLHal intercepts the first heartbeat for the
rio, sets an intial volume level and then re-instances the rio to a more
descriptive name (e.g. unit200 becomes office) and adds the particular rio
to any groups it needs to be a member of (e.g. upstairs and party).

The script for the office rio also starts playing tracks by a predetermined
artist in response to a 'power on' status.

I'm going to add an additional function to xPLHal to allow it to retrieve
web pages.
This will allow me to create a script that randomly selects some music to
play when the rio is powered on.

*** NOTE ***
This could also be useful for retrieving up-to-date headlines, sports
scores, weather reports etc and displaying the information on one of these
xpl'd displays that is being developed???

Once rioplay web is fixed on the shoutcast side I'll package up the bits
and
pieces for anyone else who wants to give it a go.

Regards
Tony