RE: xPLHal: Scripting for X10 dim and bright commands

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal: Scripting for X10 dim and bright commands
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 08:18:00 +0000

> I have a sub routine defined as follows:
>
> Sub X10_B_Dim_Trigger(XplMsg)
> ' Do stuff
> End Sub
>
> But it never gets called.

John,

If you have the following in your xplhal.xml

<schema msgtype="*" source_vendor="*"
source_device="*" source_instance="*"
schema_class="X10" schema_type="*"
subs="DMPXF" />

House code based commands (like dim) won't get actioned, as D = Device.

Try adding a line before/after,
With the same layout but change the subs to subs="HMPXF"

This should allow scripting of housecode commands.

One change I am planning to xplhal x10 scripting is to do away with the
seperation between housecode/devicecode, and script them as interchangable.
But this should hopefully sort your problem for now.

Regards
Tony