RE: Another Web xpl question

  • Subject: RE: Another Web xpl question
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 10:05:00 +0000

You can also use a session variable for example:

<%
Session("mysessionvar") = currentValue
%>

This is read as :

<%
currentValue = session("mysessionvar")
%>

These do not get passed through a URL, they are just available to any
ASP page. However, by default they time out after about 15 minutes, so
may not be suitable if you want to hold something long term. You can
also create application variables in the same way that are available to
all clients, though again they will time out.

Regards

Graham