RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available

  • Subject: RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 13:22:00 +0000

> I selected an artist, then selected a different one (in my
> case Icehouse for which I only have one track "hey little
> girl") the rio played the Icehouse track and then went back
> to playing the previous artist. Sadly it stopped there just
> repeating the tracks from that artist, but it was still quite
> a cool feature. It could make inserting announcements quite easy.

Could you let me know the commands sent (in sequence)

> Problems:
>
> My Rio refuses to play Hootie & the Blowfish, it just ignores
> it (perhaps it's a taste thing.. :P )

It's hardcoded in to ignore them ;-)
Seriously this may be due to the '&'
As jrec currently has issues with off characters, my mp3's have all been
retagged.
I'll have to amend a title and see what happens.

> I just can't get shoutcast streams to do anything (other thn
> play the previos artist)

Sel=shoutcast wolf fm
This is working fine for me, could be a network issue?
(note, starting a shoutcast stream clears the current queue)

> Switching between artists doesn't always work, do I need to
> issue a stop command, pause then issue the new artist play commands?

Sel=artist blondie
Sel=Play
Sel=artist all saints

This will start playing blondie, and queue all saints to follow
If you want to go straight to all saints:

Sel=artist blondie
Sel=play

then

Sel=clear