RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available

  • Subject: RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:52:00 +0000

> Yes! Working great this time. I don't think I had a good
> download last

Hi Bruce, that's great news!
I have a hunch about Andy's problem, and am just checking it.

> I tried all these commands:
>
> play,stop,mute,volume +20,volume -20, volume
> 100,skip,back,random,power on, power off,light on,light off
>
> They all worked except the volume commands. But I see now
> that the volume does not work with the remote now either, and
> the only options on the menu
> are 'Select Playlist, Clear Playlist, and About Receiver'.
> Tony, does
> volume work for you?

Volume works with speakers attached directly to the Rio,
But I don't think it works on the line out.
I'll look for a hack for this.

Please remember that it currently works within the confines of Rioplay.
Avoid a skip past the last track, or a back from the first track as
This hangs the rio (this is rioplay, not my mods).
This is my number one priority for a fix of somekind.

> The only other thing I noticed is that it did not respond
> with target=*. I needed to use target=tonyt-rio.unit100.

Nope, it is targetted only.
However if you send each of your rios a
Config.response
{
GROUP=DOWNSTAIRS
GROUP=PARTY
}
You can target multiple rios with target=PARTY or whatever

Each rio can handle being in upto 9 groups at any one time
And you can mix and match which group(s) any particular rio is in.

> Tony, thanks for the most nifty application!

Many thanks, Bruce.

Regards
Tony