Re: wild carding the instance problem

  • Subject: Re: wild carding the instance problem
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:43:00 +0000

Hi Ian

> Well, the maximum size of the instance is 16 characters, so 17
including
> an end terminator of some kind. I don't see any issue with handling
this
> internally as a fixed chunk of seventeen bytes.

Your correct.....Just Frank looking for an easy out........

> I'm thinking through the implications, and tbh, if you are really
short
> for memory, and need to restrict the instance for your device to only,
> say, 8 characters... I don't think that will break anything..

Plenty of program memory...but after spending 3 days fixing bugs and
starting to get somewhere with the Reconfiguration the thought of having to
add more code wasnt very appealing......Has anyone done any config stuff
using PBP or Proton+ ??? ......also writing to the program memory i find a
little scary.... wouldnt want a power failure when this is happening.......

> Tony? John? Does this approach present any problems for the OCX or DLL
> respectively?

Dont worry will leave provision for 16 bytes in my tables for the
instance.........
Thanks
Frank

href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=mMF7HrEH5jaXFkPVwKE1Pm3t3UKxN1APPJAO9qIskAElfSplMucL0huRA-1u63--jbiYDI8fFF2_PUbr2ScmfOfdJPNuVtMAgHWt4ik">ukha_xpl-subscribe@xxxxxxx</a>