Re: Control schema

  • Subject: Re: Control schema
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 09:45:00 +0000

Yeah, my bad on that one. Our server was DDoSed for about a week, still
getting things back to normal.

Here's the details you need:

SENSOR.BASIC & CONTROL.BASIC

Trigger Messages that come from a device are of type
"SENSOR.BASIC" or an
extension of SENSOR. Command Messages attempting to SET a value are of type
"CONTROL.BASIC". There is no Trigger of type "Control"
and there is no
Command of type "Sensor"

The Basic Structure is:

<message header>
{
DEVICE=
TYPE=
CURRENT=
[DATA1=]
[NAME]=
}

NAME= is an optional "friendly" label
DATA1= exra parameters approrpriate for a given type of device

In terms of setting items: Where current= can explain it all
that should be used e.g. current=HIGH or LOW or INC or DEC but where it
needs more info like increment counter by 4 you would use

CURRENT=INC
DATA1=4

The "type" of device can be:

INPUT - ENABLE, DISABLE
OUTPUT - ENABLE, DISABLE, HIGH, LOW, TOGGLE, PULSE
FLAG - SET, CLEAR, NEUTRAL
VARIABLE - INC, DEC, 0-255 (for set)
INFRARED - SEND, ENABLE_RX, DISABLE_RX, ENABLE_TX, DISABLE_TX, SENDX (send
times)
MACRO - ENABLE, DISABLE, DO
PERIODIC - STARTED, ENABLE, DISABLE
SCHEDULED - STARTED, ENABLE, DISABLE
TIMER - WENT OFF, START, STOP, HALT, RESUME
MUTE - YES, NO
SLIDER - 0-255
BALANCE - -100 to +100

(this list will grow, and will be held in an XML file, similar to the
xplhal
Manager plugins)