Re: Weather Station in EPE

  • Subject: Re: Weather Station in EPE
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 09:19:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Marooth" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=vCBd9ZW8DjWy_0s-JJIQye6ONGSMgjTN8zqNr7BDxhKAUHM_M6DJ85V1hCDwI-wSWbLp4mmB">mark@m...</a>>
To: <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=F0LgiE5xXzj5tIL-kGw4mKa9LFnSX6e3nCZJQx6zldxah2AIcP1G02DYUSfn5UrdENm-Jm4B8ldK7jTiLtQ2iAM4LA">ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>>
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 10:29 PM
Subject: [ukha_xpl] Weather Station in EPE

> Folks,
>
> Has anyone seen the PIC based weather station which has been featured
in
EPE
> and follows on to the next month.
>
> Perhaps not as sharp as some, but looks pretty cool.

Yeah, it looks pretty darn cool :) I particularly liked the

> Anyone interested in modifiying the existing serial out functionality
> communicate xPL ??

;) yep, I wasn't sure whether it would be best to strip out the existing
comms code in the PIC, and make the device talk xpl natively, or to add a
companion PIC chip, and act as a go-between...

I can see merit in both approaches: the native xpl route would be very
nice,
and provide a nice easy "here's an xpl device" package... on the
other hand,
a companion PIC approach would give us a goodly amount of the code required
for a general purpose xPL Serial connection, and would (presumably) be able
to be swapped easily for Ethernet if that approach bore fruit...

I suppose part one of the plan is to build the EPE Project.. I'm hoping to
get the bits some time this month..

Ian.