Re: XPL CM12 Service

  • Subject: Re: XPL CM12 Service
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 12:13:00 +0000

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:03:16 +0100, "Tony T" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=Wusxo-daLy5oQPTDa2-PKmO4HGdjp-f_xEN4Eq0kpM_Cq19Z0FP7aWf6CYJmx-cBPnqmF-svFWjdWQ">tony@x...</a>>
wrote:

>> Ever had the impression that what you thought was going to be
>> a relatively straight-forward project could end up being a
>> complete pain :-) However, IMO well worth it if we can get
>> it going as a service - especially if we can come up with a
>> .NET template for XPL serial communications stuff similar to
>> the one TOny has now in VB6.
>
>Just a thought (if there isn't a solution in .net) but....
>
>We could have a standard vb6 (or c++) utility that exposes the serial
port
>in a way that .net could use it.
>
>This could be a little serial application, or perhaps a dll.

Hi guys,

I can help with the COM port stuff in .net. I found a useful little
library of C# code that provides asynch control of the COM ports. I
use it in my .net wrapper for my Meteor.

I too intend having a look at the CM12 via serial access for my own
education but just haven't been able to find the time.

Unfortunately I don't have the DLL or source for this available on my
web site (see .sig) so I can't fling it over until I get home this
evening.

Note that whilst I use VS.net 2003 (Final Beta) ie .net Framework
v1.1, I used the code successfully in VS.net2003/.net v1.0 before.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=bt6UEEbyRhKCwyrqByVrnbNWGvQKPYYF-CI1_P4IXZVlPX-9InVCBZPNQ0dh9R4d64creIOe8Hytk4qU2uCe">stuart@x...</a>