Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format

  • Subject: Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 10:54:59 -0000

I appreciate the need to evangelise, and the resources/time such
activity requires - especially when it has to be done for love and there is
no commercial/financial support, but as I scratch my own itch, I'd much
rather be doing so against a standard implementation than a fork.

Perhaps now would be a good time to open a consultation period for changes,
and work out a mechanism for how those changes would be accepted (voting,
committee, something else?). I'd very much like to see xAP v.++ with JSON
incorporated into it...

P.

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>

Berenguer"<dberenguer@>  wrote:
> >> Not really related to your post. I simply think that having a
good schema for M2M apps would be a plus for new adopters. BSC and TSC have
serious limitations IMO:

> >> If we ever do the jump to the JSON adoption, we may return to
the topic.

> > I have to confess to being a bit of a BSC luddite - most of my
stuff predates BSC, and I haven't found an opportunity to use it in anger
yet, so I don't really feel informed enough to comment on your post.