Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format

  • Subject: Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format
  • From: "nightrader2k" <nightrader2k@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 20:33:31 -0000

Hello all,

First off, what a great thread.  I just jumped in here to see about
proposing a change to the heartbeat msg, I would like to add a uptime value
with a unsigned long representing the number of minutes since the
device/app started, but then I saw this thread and I really liked the idea
of a xAPJ version of the protocol. Either way, I vote JSON.

Like Brett, I would be willing to contribute whatever time I am able to
help out.  I have used xAP in most of my HA projects and would love to give
a little back.

(OT -  btw, Patrick, thanks for all that you have available on the xAP
subject, it has helped me from day one.)

Gene

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, "Brett England" <brett@...>
wrote:

> Just a quicky to say that I've been following the article around the
proposal of JSON and other topics and I'm more than happy to contribute
some of my time into this venture.