Re: Addressing vs Commands

First, I would like to thanks for all the support here, this is a great
experience.

When I first sent my email today, I was wondering if source based filtering
could be used. You have answered here.

So my final question, is : Can I build some special schemas (for X10, and
X2D, 1wire for instance) that support a BSC derivative. I mean with BSC
like
schema (.query, .cmd, .state, .info) with special feature like the negative
value for 1wire, or association ID for X2D ..

I thinks the answer is yes, but I'm wondering the side effects and the way
the community usually handles this case.

Bye

On Tue, 01 Jun 2010 13:08:49 +0100
Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jerome,
>
> BSC is a universal schema for simple devices. It can very neatly model
> device with an unlimited* number of endpoints where these can be
> categorised as either binary, level or text.  There are restrictions
> however, for example that the level can't be negative and the units eg
> degrees Celsius aren't formally presented.   Other schema handle these
> situations better.
>
> BSC is extensively supported by almost every xAP controller and
because
> of this there is a tendency to try and model every device using BSC.
For

--
Jerome Kerdreux <Jerome.Kerdreux@xxxxxxx>