Re: Addressing vs Commands

On Mon, 31 May 2010 17:20:28 +0100
Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, different schema have different capabilities here.  You will
find
> that xAP BSC (Basic Status and Control) and similar derivatives are
very
> accommodating within a 'plug and play' type scenario. This is because
> they send status summaries as well as immediate events on change.
They
> also inform you of all their embedded endpoints both by name and their
> capabilities.    This information is presented periodically (.info),
on
> change (.event)  and on demand (.query) which I think is more what
> you're after,  as it offers a basic device discovery for
configuration.

Thanks for the highlight, I missed that stuff. That looks quite exactly
what i'm looking for.

So, if I clearly decode both mails, you say I should use BSC for this
kind of devices. This is used for X10 in the new version .. but there
is something that sound strange.

If every device use a BSC schema, how could you know the type of device,
as every device has the same class. This could cause issues for example
to build a GUI or anything else, or is there a new X10 schema with a BSC
like behaviour ?

Thanks
--
Jerome Kerdreux <Jerome.Kerdreux@xxxxxxx>