Re: Hi, and Patrick Lidstone website

xAP and xPL near identical in their UDP implementation - so you may
still experience this although I'm not sure what your specific issue
was.   There are lots of xAP embedded devices out there now over a
variety of processors - several in commercial designs so you should find
assistance if needed.    I think you are Rabbit based which is also the
processor (3700) I use in my xAP to C-Bus, HomeVision and IHC gateways.

One thing in embedded xAP you will find most useful is the UID field -
which is basically a short hex identifier that can be used as an
alternative to the source address to identify xAP devices .  It is much
more compact. Within some schema e.g BSC then this UID can identify
individual endpoints within a device too.  xAP addressing is different
to xPL in that xAP can clearly identify a parent device and then the
endpoints (sub addresses) that are contained within that device.

BSC (Basic Status and Control) is a very capable and pervasively
supported schema - ideal for embedded devices if your application lends
itself to such a schema.

Cheers Kevin