Re: Re: Hi, and Patrick Lidstone website

Jerome,

I based my Rabbit embedded designs on Patrick's C library (Daniels
wasn't around then) - and it works well .   I had to tweak some of the
character array lengths to be larger as some verbose applications eg
xAPNews/Weather were being truncated.  My designs first exposure to the
outside xAP world at a UKHA event was very painful without sufficient
array bounds checking in place (I was new to C and somewhat negligent in
this regard).   The only thing I would say is that it's a little memory
hungry as it stores all incoming xAP messages into presized message
structures before usage.

I am not sure that Patrick updated anything for xAP v1.3 and ISTR
some aspects of wildcard matching and message dropping (filtering) that
I changed here too but my Rabbit project is now so tweaked and modified
that the library has sort of merged into the code . That's bad I know
but Dynamic C and it's linker style skews you towards this and I wasn't
sufficiently code style aware then.  Or maybe you are using Softools
?    I am half way in migrating my C-Bus project  from Dynamic C 9.62 to
Softools at the moment.

I also should take a look a Daniel's code too as I am still
'evolving' my embedded C and I learn so much from such examples

Kevin

Kerdreux<jerome.kerdreux@...>  wrote:

>> On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 20:34 +0100, brett england wrote:
>>
>>> [Attachment(s) from brett england included below]
>>>
>>> This is the C stuff from Patricks site.
>>>
>>> Brett
>>>

>> Thanks Brett, I will appreciate if you can share the Java and
Python
>> stuff too :)

Behalf Of Jerome Kerdreux
>>> Sent: 24 April 2010 15:31
>>> To: xAP_developer@xxxxxxx
>>> Subject: Re: [xAP_developer] Re: Hi, and Patrick Lidstone
website

>>> developments and ideas. Please fell free to ask whatever you
need to
>>> know about xAP or its implementations for different platforms.

>>> you're thinking in working on an embeded application, I could
maybe be
>>> of some help.
>>>
>>> Thanks Daniel.
>>>
>>> In fact right now, I'm stick. I'm looking for some xAP
apps/toolkits