Re: xAP EOM identifier in xAP v1.3

Patrick Lidstone wrote:

> Hi Edward,
> Please see in-line responses...
>
> 2009/9/15 Edward Pearson <edward.mailgroup@xxxxxxx
> <mailto:edward.mailgroup@xxxxxxx>>
>

>     The double 0x0a terminator works for me, it?s simple to implement
>     ? already done for my stuff.
>
> ...but it isn't robust unless the message is sent as a single
> datagram, and if it is sent as a single datagram, the os should
> deliver it as such -- and if it doesn't, adding an eom marker isn't
> going to help.

I can only assume in the iPhone app's case the API they are using
returns a buffer which might have several concatenated UDP datagrams
within. Maybe there are alternative API's they could use.  What I will
do is try their app and see if I ever see this concatenation or
truncation.   I don't believe they have specifically tried this with xAP
.  If the stack is  concatenating datagrams then the double 0A does
however resolve this, and likewise if it truncates a UDP datagram but
then always delivers the remainder in the next buffer then the double 0A
is still helpful.