xAP EOM identifier in xAP v1.3

   We have been asked on several occasions how to detect the end of a
xAP messager as there is no unique EOM character.  Typically in any
reasonable sized packet structured transport eg UDP then the packet
provides such an indication but on systems with small packets or non eg
asynchronous serial this is not useable.

In discussing this with the specification team we must consider
backwards compatability and so we do not wish to alter the specification
to include a unique EOM character.  What we do propose however is that
xAP v1.3 will specify that all messages should end with two consecutive
chr(10)'s immediately after the closing '}'

ie  ..... 7D 0A 0A

Some apps, even v1.2 ones,  already do this.  We don't believe this
will cause any backwards compatibility issues and it will always be
unique within a xAP message.

So, in developing xAP v1.3 apps could you therefore append  two 0A's
at the end of your messages , and of course handle incoming messages
containing such.