Re: TSC.cmd / id

Actually, I've never thought of it. But as you say, using 4 instead of
16 or more characters will make it more compatible with embedded devices.

Thanks

// Per

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
wrote:

> Per - I'm sure you already know - but you could use the 1-wire ID as
the
> end portion of the UID should you wish ..  and then use a name for the
> device in the source= line.   1-wire devices like this that have
> multiple endpoints within them could be expanded by a couple of digits
-
> if used as part of the UID.  It does mean you having to use the longer
> value for ID= in TSC.cmd messages however.
>
> Or you could keep an internal table for the 1-wire ID and hence use
less
> digits.  Using less digits in the UID is recommended if possible as
some
> small embedded devcies might not have enough space for 16 or 18 digit
> values.    Your approach has advantages here as you were only using 4
digits

> Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:D100000003AE661F
> Uid=FF.000001:ABCD
>

> Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:Fan
> Uid=FF.000001:D100000003AE661F
>

> Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:Fan.main
> Uid=FF.000001:D100000003AE661F01
>
>    Cheers K
>

> Per wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a bit confused regarding the mandatory ID pair in the TSC.cmd
body.

> > Based on the following xAP message, what would be the correct ID
value to set the latch on channel 1 to False be? I'd say ABCD, but that'd
be four characters and the spec limits it to two.