Re: TSC.cmd / id

Per - I'm sure you already know - but you could use the 1-wire ID as
the
end portion of the UID should you wish ..  and then use a name for the
device in the source= line.   1-wire devices like this that have
multiple endpoints within them could be expanded by a couple of digits -
if used as part of the UID.  It does mean you having to use the longer
value for ID= in TSC.cmd messages however.

Or you could keep an internal table for the 1-wire ID and hence use less
digits.  Using less digits in the UID is recommended if possible as some
small embedded devcies might not have enough space for 16 or 18 digit
values.    Your approach has advantages here as you were only using 4
digits

Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:D100000003AE661F
Uid=FF.000001:ABCD

Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:Fan
Uid=FF.000001:D100000003AE661F

Source=MSure.xAPGateway.Bigboy:Fan.main
Uid=FF.000001:D100000003AE661F01

Cheers K

Per wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a bit confused regarding the mandatory ID pair in the TSC.cmd
body.

> Based on the following xAP message, what would be the correct ID value
to set the latch on channel 1 to False be? I'd say ABCD, but that'd be four
characters and the spec limits it to two.