xAP TSC - A callup request :-)

We have a bit of a Catch22 situation with xAP TSC.    Until we have
supporting applications then people don't want to write data sources and
vica versa and we can't ratify TSC into xAPTSC until it has some real
world experience...   Hence xAPBSC is being abused as non appropriate
data is shoehorned in, aprticularly by representing numeric data as a
text device.   So here's a call to xAP Developers to add support for TSC
within their existing applications and hopefully it will become as
successful as BSC.

Here's a copy of part of my response to a xAP Automation list post

There is a bit of 'chicken & egg' here and so it is worth trying to see
if we can get better support for TSC within the key xAP applications -
especially the ones that already directly support BSC , as most of the
work is already done.

I know Daniel had mentioned he would look towards supporting TSC , and
it is particularly well suited towards 1-wire applications , although I
would recommend that BSC remains supported , at least transitionally.
Without such widespread adoption TSC will remain sidelined and BSC
abused instead.   Also there are few test applications to develop
against which doesn't help people like Mikko.   I remember KevinT has
some however and Lehane uses TSC extensively in his home project.

So I'll revisit my contributions and see what I can do here and
hopefully a couple of others will too.    Many applications will already
handle TSC as a generic schema as well but having the plug and play
integration in the same way that we have with TSC would be far preferable