xFx dll

  • Subject: xFx dll
  • From: "jebusyoda" <jebusyoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:35:02 -0000

Greets,
I'm developing a plugin (dll in vb.net) for an application. I have
sucessfully compiled a standalone listener app. I have sucessfully added a
module for the xFx dll to my plugin dll. All runs well till I call my
listener.start() method. The plugin throws an exception.

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for
'xAPPlugin.xAPListen' threw an exception. --->
System.NotSupportedException: The given path's format is not supported.
at System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CanonicalizePath(String path,
Boolean needFullPath)
at
System.Security.Util.StringExpressionSet.CreateListFromExpressions(String[]
str, Boolean needFullPath)
at
System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission.AddPathList(FileIOPermissionAccess
access, AccessControlActions control, String[] pathListOrig, Boolean
checkForDuplicates, Boolean needFullPath, Boolean copyPathList)
at
System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission..ctor(FileIOPermissionAccess
access, String[] pathList, Boolean checkForDuplicates, Boolean
needFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity
directorySecurity)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.GetDataPath(String basePath)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.get_LocalUserAppDataPath()
at
ERSP.Utilities.Configuration.LocalFileModuleSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext
context, SettingsPropertyCollection collection)
at
System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider
provider)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(String
propertyName)
at System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(String propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(String
propertyName)
at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(String
propertyName)
at xFx.Properties.Settings.get_xAPHeaderUseExtendedUID()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPHeaderUID..ctor()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPHeaderBase..ctor()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Message.xAPHeartbeat..ctor()
at KCS.xAP.Framework.Transport.xAPHubClientListener..ctor()
at xAPPlugin.xAPListen..cctor()
at xAPPlugin.xAPListen.Listen()
at xAPPlugin.UserControl1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons
button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message&
m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

As you can see the path name for finding the xFx.dll.config file is not
being found. I have the config file with the xFx.dll in the same folder as
the Application and the plugin. I see in the xAP Framework xFx V2 Help file
that
ERSP.Utilities.Configuration.LocalFileModuleSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext
context, SettingsPropertyCollection collection) is the culprit. Can someone
give me a VB.net example of how to use the
KCS.Utilities.Configuration.ConfigSettings.ConfigFileName to pass to my
code. OR, tell me that I'm barking up the wrong tree!
TIA
...JJG