Re: xAP schema used for firmware upgrades

--0016362846ca4d9832047b7ebb3a

Hi Daniel
There's no schema I know of that covers this, and your approach looks sound
to me.
Patrick

2009/12/24 Daniel Berenguer <dberenguer@xxxxxxx>

> I need to send a xAP message to an embedded device in order to ask it
> to upgrade its firmware from a local or remote repository. I've been
> looking into the existing schemas and I've not been able to find
> anything useful for this application. As result, I've created a custom
> message like this one:
>
> xap-header
> {
> v=13
> hop=1
> uid=FF.1234:00
> class=boot.cmd
> source=opnode.gckoman.manager1
> target=opnode.gecko.opngecko1
> }
> boot.upgrade
> {
> server=192.168.1.17
> servertype=tftp
> file=opnGecko.bin
> }
>
> servertype could take different values: tftp, ftp, http, etc.
>
> Further considerations on this new schema could bring us new uses too:
> restart/halt xAP devices (the whole device, not single endpoints),
> upload/download configuration files, etc. Then, the affected device
> should reply with some kind of acknowledgement. But before deciding to
> put this into production, I'd like to confirm that this can not be
> done with other existing schemas.
>
> Thanks for your comments,
>
> --
> Daniel Berenguer
> http://www.usapiens.com
> http://www.opnode.org

--0016362846ca4d9832047b7ebb3a

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

Hi Daniel<br>There&#39;s no schema I know of that covers this,
and your app=
class=3D"gmail_quote">2009/=
12/24 Daniel Berenguer <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a
href=3D"mailto:dberenguer@u=
1px solid rgb(204, =
204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">I need to
send a =
xAP message to an embedded device in order to ask it<br>
to upgrade its firmware from a local or remote repository. I&#39;ve
been<br=

looking into the existing schemas and I&#39;ve not been able to
find<br>
anything useful for this application. As result, I&#39;ve created a
custom<=
br>
message like this one:<br>
xap-header<br>
{<br>
v=3D13<br>
hop=3D1<br>
uid=3DFF.1234:00<br>
class=3Dboot.cmd<br>
source=3Dopnode.gckoman.manager1<br>
target=3Dopnode.gecko.opngecko1<br>
}<br>
boot.upgrade<br>
{<br>
server=3D192.168.1.17<br>
servertype=3Dtftp<br>
file=3DopnGecko.bin<br>
}<br>
servertype could take different values: tftp, ftp, http, etc.<br>
Further considerations on this new schema could bring us new uses
too:<br>
restart/halt xAP devices (the whole device, not single
endpoints),<br>
upload/download configuration files, etc. Then, the affected
device<br>
should reply with some kind of acknowledgement. But before deciding
to<br>
put this into production, I&#39;d like to confirm that this can not
be<br>
done with other existing schemas.<br>
Thanks for your comments,<br>
--<br>