Re: xAP 1.3 and BSC 1.4(!?)

Been away on hols Lehane - so only just seen this...

There have a been a few posts re this on the lists but its woeful that
we still haven't got a published xAP v1.3 spec.    I only got one reply
(from James)  to my last direct email to everyone with the outline
changes that I thought were in the spec :-(    Having said that there
are a lot of application out there now implementing xAP v1.3 and I ahve
tried to ensure with the developers thay they all meet the spec - or at
least my interpretation of it ;-)    We do need to get this documented
and published !

Re BSC v1.4 - or at least an addendum to BSC1.3 to handle xAP v1.3 UID's
- again we need to do this although I hope it's fairly obvious - you
just need to cope with the longer UID's  that xAP v1.3  supports.
ID=xxxx ID=xxxxxx etc .      In BSC v1.4 there has been the ongoing talk
about a 'choice' device and Edward and I are both using his suggested
way of implementing this - and it is in the released HouseBot plugin.
We have not persued an actual menu structure type treatment of this -
which is something that you might like for your switches,  this probbaly
should be its own schema. I know IanB was looking at this.

There are some clarifications we need to make to the existing BSC v1.3
spec as it is ambiguous in some areas.  I'm happy to work with you on
this and the xAP v1.3 spec if you wish ??

Kevin

about Lehane Kellett wrote:
> I've just been working on updating the LCD switch display to use a
> newer board. As part of this I added support for extended UID's but
> found there isn't a reference on the web. I guess this needs some
> focus before we create mildly different variants in our code.
>
> In the same way, ID=xxxx needs adding to BSC and some clarity added.
>
> I'm willing to have a go at BSC 1.4 for the extensions but what else
> needs adding or changing?
>
> Lehane
> http://www.mm-wave.com/honeycottage/xaplcd2.htm
for the display. I'll