Re: Vendor Id registration

Welcome Mikko - and you have 'MRSoft' reserved for your Vendor ID.

You should probably consider using the BSC and/or TSC schema for your
application

BSC is most prolific and hence a favourite for compatibility but it
doesn't handle temperature too well - meaning that you will have to
present your devices as 'TEXT' rather than 'LEVEL' based devices. This
is because BSC Level devices can't have negative values and also there
is no provision for identifying the units of measurement.
http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=Basic_Status_and_Control_Schema

TSC is a new schema aimed at exactly your needs  (Telemetry Status and
Control) .   It is based around BSC but includes other approriate
aspects for sensor data.
http://www.xapautomation.org/index.php?title=xAP_Telemetry_Status_and_Control_Schema

Any questions... just ask away.

cheers Kevin

Mikko Rintala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm developing temperature etc. monitoring software called LogTemp.
xAP
> protocol looks very usable extension for it and therefore I am asking
> vendor id registration. For me the best wuould be "MRSoft",
since that
> is my company name. LogTemp software can be found here
> http://www.mrsoft.fi/ohj01en.htm.
If the concept works as expected, I