XAP Intranet OCX with .net

  • Subject: XAP Intranet OCX with .net
  • From: "pjs_gsy" <pjs_gsy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 17:43:14 -0000

Hi,

I thought I'd try the OCX with vb.net.  I don.t seem to be getting
very far.

Does the OCX work with vb.net apps?  The problem I'm seeing is that
the events don't fire.  For example, I have a very simple app with

Private Sub XapIntranet_xAPHeartbeat(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal
e As AxxAPIntranetOCX.__xAP_Intranet_xAPHeartbeatEvent) Handles
XapIntranet.xAPHeartbeat
MsgBox(sender)
End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e
As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim msg As String
Dim x
msg = "Display" & Chr(10)
msg &= "{" & Chr(10)
msg &= "Display=testing" & Chr(10)
msg &= "}" & Chr(10)
XapIntranet.SendxAP("", "message.display", msg)
End Sub

Pressing the button writes a message you can see in the xap viewer as
expected, but the heartbeat event never fires even though these events
can be seen in the viewer all the time.

Does anyone have a .net example?