Re: Re: Intranet OCX 1.3 released

--------------000408010207080008070203

Hi,

Just tried this in vb.net 2005 and it seems to work fine. This what i did
Right click on the toolbox > "Choose Items"
Com components, and select the intranet ocx.
add the Intranet to the form

the code looked like this:

Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices

Public Class Form1
Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_BasePath = My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage = "mi4"
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage_Link = "http://www.mi4.biz";
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.WebPort = 56665
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPUID = "FF111300"
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPSourceName = "mi4.abc.def"

Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Name = "atest"
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Desc = "just testing"
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_xAPShowConfig(True)
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_WebAutoHideConfig(False)
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_xAPIntranet_BGColour(12632256)
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranetServices = True
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.SystemStartup()
End Sub

Private Sub AxxAP_Intranet1_WebPageRequest(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As AxxAPIntranetOCX.__xAP_Intranet_WebPageRequestEvent) Handles
AxxAP_Intranet1.WebPageRequest

End Sub

Private Sub AxxAP_Intranet1_xAPRaw(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e
As AxxAPIntranetOCX.__xAP_Intranet_xAPRawEvent) Handles
AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPRaw

End Sub
End Class

Didnt test this too far  but it did serve pages and receive xAP

hth

James

drodegeb wrote:
> Is it possible to develop a VB.NET application to use the intranet ocx
> file?  If so, does anybody have a template/sample I could look at??
>

> --- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> This is an update to the ocx that drives most of the intranet
>> applications. It is recommended to upgrade to this version as it
is
>> backwards compatible and brings many improvements.
>>
>> *For Users*
>>
>>     * Much faster at delivering pages
>>     * An end, hopefully, to incomplete pages
>>     * Will make older apps work correctly with the new groups
feature

>> *For Developers*
>>
>>     * Support for basic and digest authentication
>>     * Ability to group Intranet applications together.
>>     * VB6 demo app extended with tray icon, service support,
docking in
>>       the launcher and examples of using the authentication
>>     * Ability to change the broadcast IP
>>     * Changes to how it binds to localhost which will make message
>>       receiving more reliable
>>
>> The groups feature is probably the most useful change. By default
all
>> applications will be in the group 'Home'  and in this state you
will
>> notice absolutely no differences! As soon as one intranet
>>
> application is
>
>> put in a different group you will see a '+' sign appear on the far
>>
> right
>
>> of the blue bar. Clicking on the + will show  a screen listing all
the
>> groups and which app is in which group. You will also find that
you

> will
>
>> only see icons in the blue bar from other applications in the same
>> group. So hopefully you can now neatly seperate end user apps from
the
>> more complex data source apps. The only problem will be the
existing
>> apps as without a configuration option to change the group the
>> application will be stuck in the Home group. I will be updating my
apps
>> to support the feature and would ask other developers to support
it as
>> they bring out new versions.
>>
>> http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=39
>> <http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=39>
>>
>> James
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------000408010207080008070203

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Hi,<br>
Just tried this in vb.net 2005 and it seems to work fine. This what i
did<br>
Right click on the toolbox &gt; "Choose Items"<br>
Com components, and select the intranet ocx.<br>
add the Intranet to the form<br>
the code looked like this:<br>
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices<br>
Public Class Form1<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As
System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_BasePath =
My.Application.Info.DirectoryPath<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage = "mi4"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage_Link =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.WebPort = 56665<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPUID = "FF111300"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPSourceName = "mi4.abc.def"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Name = "atest"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Desc = "just testing"<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_xAPShowConfig(True)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_WebAutoHideConfig(False)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.set_xAPIntranet_BGColour(12632256)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranetServices = True<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Me.AxxAP_Intranet1.SystemStartup()<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; End Sub<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Private Sub
AxxAP_Intranet1_WebPageRequest(ByVal sender As Object,
ByVal e As AxxAPIntranetOCX.__xAP_Intranet_WebPageRequestEvent) Handles
AxxAP_Intranet1.WebPageRequest<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; End Sub<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Private Sub AxxAP_Intranet1_xAPRaw(ByVal
sender As Object, ByVal e
As AxxAPIntranetOCX.__xAP_Intranet_xAPRawEvent) Handles
AxxAP_Intranet1.xAPRaw<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; End Sub<br>
End Class<br>
Didnt test this too far&nbsp; but it did serve pages and receive
xAP<br>
hth<br>
James<br>
drodegeb wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Is it possible to develop a VB.NET application
to use the intranet ocx
file?  If so, does anybody have a template/sample I could look at??

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">This is an update to the ocx that drives most
[...]

<pre wrap=""><!---->application is
</pre>
<pre wrap="">put in a different group you will see a '+'
sign appear on the far
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->right
</pre>
<pre wrap="">of the blue bar. Clicking on the + will show
a screen listing all the
groups and which app is in which group. You will also find that you
</pre>
<pre wrap=""><!---->will
</pre>
<pre wrap="">only see icons in the blue bar from other
applications in the same
group. So hopefully you can now neatly seperate end user apps from the
more complex data source apps. The only problem will be the existing
apps as without a configuration option to change the group the
application will be stuck in the Home group. I will be updating my apps
to support the feature and would ask other developers to support it as
they bring out new versions.

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=39";>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=39</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=39";>&lt;http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=39&gt;</a>

James