Re: Mango M2M and xAP]

  • Subject: Re: Mango M2M and xAP]
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 00:09:42 +0000

Hi Matthew,

I had a quick look at your website and this looks very interesting
...  glad you are considering adding xAP support.

Probably the most prevalent and useful schema you will wish to
support is xAP 'BSC'  which is Basic Status and Control - it handles (as
it says on the tin) most simple I/O involving binary, level and text
based devices.
http://www.xapautomation.org/wiki/index.php/Basic_Status_and_Control_Schema

We will  be augmenting this with a 'TSC' schema (telemetry) very
shortly and an initial 'for comment' version is already available at the
url below. TSC better handles sensor reporting data including  ranges,
real world units and negative values etc.
http://www.xapautomation.org/wiki/index.php/xAP_Telemetry_Status_and_Control_Schema

There are a few hardware I/O devices supporting embedded xAP BSC.
Two useful ones will be the Phaedrus xAP Netiom which is essentially
mostly digital I/O, including serial  but has 4 analogue inputs. Of
recent date the opnone which is a 1-wire interface, shortly there will
be a serial version too that supports X10 and another for SMS messaging.
There is also an embedded C-Bus controller supporting BSC but you
probably won't have the hardware to support that.  If you are able to
work with software applications there are also several other useful
applications around using BSC that could help too.

http://www.phaedrusltd.com/pages/html/netiom-xap.html
http://www.opnode.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=home

Any questions - just ask away and once again ... I believe the
existing Java libraries are also released under GPL and there have been
a couple of tweaks to them recently ... but I'll leave that to be
confirmed by those involved.....   Once again welcome and I look forward
to seeing xAP support within Mango M2M

Cheers Kevin

mlohbihler wrote:
> Hi,