Re: Re: Intranet OCX

--------------030403000605060306000001

Rick,
Everything you have described about the setup and especially these
messages below look absolutely correct. I've been trying a few setups
here to try and replete this and find out where these duplications are
coming from , unfortunately so far havn't observed any. I was wondering
if you could send me a copy of your display application, source if
possible.
I would really like to figure this out! It shouldn't happen

Thanks

James

harley0922 wrote:
> Remote message in routing mode
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=2
>     uid=FE671200
>     class=PC.status
>     source=Almico.SpeedFan.NCC-1701E
> }
>
> Remote message in bridge mode
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=2
>     uid=FF671200
>     class=PC.status
>     source=Almico.SpeedFan.NCC-1701E
> }
>
> Local message
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF671300
>     class=PC.status
>     source=Almico.SpeedFan.LUKE2
> }
>

> --- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@...> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>
>> a few things to try.
>> Switch the router from router to bridge.
>> Run a copy of Viewer at each end of the link and open up some of
the
>> messages. There is a line in the header called 'Hop='. When in
router
>> mode that should be 1 for a local message and 2+ for a relayed
message.
>> In theory hops>2 get dropped so you shouldn't see any.
>> I presume there are no other connections between these networks?
>> vpn/ssh.. etc.
>>
>> I will do some testing here and see what i can replicate
>>

>> James
>> harley0922 wrote:
>>
>>> I have the router on a seperate PC, the UID's of the 2 apps
are
>>> different.  As I mentioned the duplicates are coming from the
network
>>> here at the house.  If the router is disabled then no
duplicates.
>>> Single NIC card in the PC the apps are running on.
>>>
>>> The 2 apps are running on the router side of the network when
the
>>> duplicates appear, if I move the apps to the server side they
both run
>>> without duplicates.
>>>
>>> Weird.
>>>

>>> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------030403000605060306000001

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Rick,<br>
Everything you have described about the setup and especially these
messages below look absolutely correct. I've been trying a few setups
here to try and replete this and find out where these duplications are
coming from , unfortunately so far havn't observed any. I was wondering
if you could send me a copy of your display application, source if
possible.<br>
I would really like to figure this out! It shouldn't happen<br>
Thanks<br>
James<br>
harley0922 wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">Remote message in routing mode
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=2
uid=FE671200
class=PC.status
source=Almico.SpeedFan.NCC-1701E
}

Remote message in bridge mode
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=2
uid=FF671200
class=PC.status
source=Almico.SpeedFan.NCC-1701E
}

Local message
xap-header
{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF671300
class=PC.status
source=Almico.SpeedFan.LUKE2
}

--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xAP_developer@xxxxxxx";>xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>,
James Traynor <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:james@...";>&lt;james@...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">hi,

a few things to try.
Switch the router from router to bridge.
Run a copy of Viewer at each end of the link and open up some of the
messages. There is a line in the header called 'Hop='. When in router
mode that should be 1 for a local message and 2+ for a relayed message.
In theory hops&gt;2 get dropped so you shouldn't see any.
I presume there are no other connections between these networks?
vpn/ssh.. etc.

I will do some testing here and see what i can replicate

James
harley0922 wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I have the router on a seperate PC, the UID's