Re: Intranet OCX

  • Subject: Re: Intranet OCX
  • From: "harley0922" <rfoxjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:57:02 -0000

Let me restate the problem and provide some more details

I have numerous xAP enabled applications running on my home network.
I recently installed the xServer on my home server and installed
xRouter on a PC at my work.  I am running xAPPing and Speedfan on my
work PC and can see traffic from both networks via xAP Message Viewer.
Everything looks good.

I have a couple of apps that run on my home network that send
Message.Display messages and I wanted to be notified of those here at
my work.  Using the IntranetOCX I put together an application that
will display those messages with a balloon popup.  It works fine when
run by itself.  However if I launch another xAP application that uses
the IntranetOCX control messages coming from my home network are
duplicated on the work network.  Again this only happens when 2
applications are running on my work PC that use the IntranetOCX.

Here is how I have initialized the IntranetOCX in my app.
'Setup All the bits
xAP_Intranet1.App_BasePath = App.Path
xAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage = "xAP Automation"
xAP_Intranet1.App_Author_Homepage_Link =
"http://www.xapautomation.org";
xAP_Intranet1.WebPort = 52000
xAP_Intranet1.xAPUID = xAPUID
xAP_Intranet1.xAPSourceName = "slyfox.MsgCenter." &
xAP_Intranet1.xAPThisPCName
xAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Name = "App Name"
xAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Desc = "Description goes here"
xAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_Group = xAPIntranetGroupName
xAP_Intranet1.xAPShowConfig = True
xAP_Intranet1.xAPUseHubPort = False
xAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranet_BGColour = 12632256
'If the next line was false the control would function just as a
xAP processor
'All web functionality would be disabled
xAP_Intranet1.xAPIntranetServices = False
'Activate everything
'Note this project has a single, yet unused, winsock object. The
Intranet ocx requires winsock
'and having it included ensures it will be included in any msi you
make.

xAP_Intranet1.SystemStartup

Not sure I can provide anymore info than this.

Please someone help.