Re: Re: java xAPlib bug

  • Subject: Re: Re: java xAPlib bug
  • From: Jon Payne <jgpayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:17:41 +0000 (GMT)

Not painful really, just back to the good old days ;-) of actually
needing to be careful of cpu and memory consumption!

I orginally bought the old 390 version TINI to do caller id decoding and
announcing about 5 years ago, cost 55gbp I think.  I'm pushing the 390 to
do so much I suppose: scanning for arrival/departure of 1-wire devices,
temperature gathering, web serving, call id decoding and announcing, and
anything else I can fit in! But if it doesn't need to be super quick, and
none of this does, then it's great. The newer 400 version probably wouldn't
break a sweat. I think it's a fantastic platform to work on, having the
rich Java libraries to work with and it being so cheap you can afford to
have several if needed. But the biggest advantage is being able to use
Java. I'm a C++ programmer by trade but I love using Java on the TINI, once
you get over the initial wierdness of using Java on such a low powered
platform (relative to a PC).

I can thoroughly recommend the TINI.