Re: Anyone developing java xap apps ?

Cool,

Its a real pity xAP hasn't got the recognition that it's deserved - I've
had a xAP HA running solid for three years.

As for xFx will it run on the embedded .NET framework ? ;) Would be nice :)

Anyway I have done a lot hacking to Patrick's Java lib and am using it
successfully I'm going through the motions of porting my HA system to
Java just as a programming exercise.

Thanks for the update
Shaf

Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Hi Shaf,
>
>     Most of Patricks' stuff was done quite a while back and then
hasn't
> been updated - and I can't immediately think of someone using Java...
> someone else might have some info though.  ISTR someone had more Java
> stuff but I can't recall who ATM.
>
>      There is a very capable .Net Framework for xAP called xFx - It
was
> written by Stuart Booth and although he isn't around currently it has
> been used extensively by a lot of developers and Edward is currently
> maintaining it.  The available hubs and Viewer were written using
this.
> There is a .Net 2.0 version due literally in the next few days.  It
can
> be downloaded from a mirror we took of SB's files now at www.mi4.biz
> (link top RHS to xAP Framework and second page has sources / docs
etc).

>     There are also two Active X's - Patricks plus James has one (xAP
> Intranet OCX) on his mi4 site.  Myself I am mostly VB6 based although
> use an adaption of Patricks C libraries for my embedded stuff.   There
> are also some Perl and Python bits out there but the latter certainly
is
> not an active tool.  The SlimServer xAP conduit is written in Perl.
>
>    Kevin
>

> Shaf Ali wrote:
>
>> Ping
>>
>> Just want to know if there are any more APIs out there other than
Patricks ?