Re: java xAPlib bug

And here's the fix but I also noticed that the message blocks are not
in
order but thats not a major issue :)

xAPParser.java

// Shaf fix

String trimmedSection=iSection.toString().trim();

if (trimmedSection.compareToIgnoreCase("xap-header")
== 0) {
trimmedSection = trimmedSection.toLowerCase();
}

String trimmedKeyname=iKeyname.toString().trim();
String trimmedKeyvalue=iKeyvalue.toString().trim();

//                    System.out.println("Section
["+trimmedSection.trim()+"]");
//                    System.out.println("Name
["+trimmedKeyname.trim()+"]");
//                    System.out.println("Value
["+trimmedKeyvalue.trim()+"]");

iNVPair=new xAPNameValuePair(trimmedSection,
trimmedKeyname,trimmedKeyvalue );
// End Shaf

from

String trimmedSection=iSection.toString();
String trimmedKeyname=iKeyname.toString();
String trimmedKeyvalue=iKeyvalue.toString();

//                    System.out.println("Section
["+trimmedSection.trim()+"]");
//                    System.out.println("Name
["+trimmedKeyname.trim()+"]");
//                    System.out.println("Value
["+trimmedKeyvalue.trim()+"]");

iNVPair=new xAPNameValuePair(trimmedSection.trim(),
trimmedKeyname.trim(),trimmedKeyvalue.trim() );

Shaf Ali wrote:
> Caused by hard coded references to 'xap-header'
>
> Some/most xAP apps identify the header as 'xAP-header'
>
> Oh well
>

> Shaf Ali wrote:
>> Anyone still use this lib ? (http://patrick.lidstone.net/haweb/java.htm)
>>
>> Thought I'd give my Java some oiling the trace is at the bottom.
>>
>> Here's the breakpoint
>>
>> this    xAPParser  (id=20)      gBlockCursor    null
>> gNVBlockCursor    null      iMessageItems    HashMap<K,V>
(id=33)
>> aNVPair    xAPNameValuePair  (id=24)      iBlock
"xAP-header"
>>        count    10          hash    -1579644813          offset
>> 0          value    char[11]  (id=48)      iName
"hop"
>> iValue    "1"   iNVPairSet    null  Heres the quick hack
I'll see
>> what the cause is.
>>
>> xAPMessageObject.java
>>
>>        // block must now exist, add pair
>>        // 20070226 shaf hack : hmmm I wouldn't be too sure if I
were you
>> //        iNVPairSet.add(aNVPair);
>>        if (iNVPairSet != null) {
>>            iNVPairSet.add(aNVPair);                  }
>>

>> =========== Got a xAP message
>> Null source
>> Null class
>> firstblock = [xap-hbeat]
>> =========== End xAP message
>>
>> [xap-header] debug[name] : v
>> [xap-header] debug[valu] : 12
>> [xap-header] debug[name] : hop
>> [xap-header] debug[valu] : 1
>> [xap-header] debug[name] : uid
>> [xap-header] debug[valu] : FF342300
>> [xap-header] debug[name] : Class
>> [xap-header] debug[valu] : Web.Service
>> [xap-header] debug[name] : Source
>> [xap-header] debug[valu] : mi4.news.FRESH
>> [Server.Start] debug[name] : Name
>> [Server.Start] debug[valu] : News
>> [Server.Start] debug[name] : Desc
>> [Server.Start] debug[valu] : News feed viewer
>> Exception in thread "Thread-0"
java.lang.NullPointerException